Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Inspiration Italienne


(Click on the thumbnail for the bigger, better version)


Saturday night, I read an AP story about Rita Levi Montalcini, an Italian scientist who persevered in spite of the oppression of Mussolini's Fascist regime eventually winning a Nobel Prize. It seems that Ms. Montalcini, who just celebrated her 100th birthday, not only continues to work, but says her mind is sharper now than it was 80 years ago. You can read her inspiring story here. By the time I had read the brief article, I felt twenty years younger.

What the heck! I think I should buy some of those lenses that I am craving, after all. Who knows how much longer I will be doing this? I could be participating in SoFoBoBo for decades.

6 comments:

  1. Go forth and purchase! Thanks for the link. I'll be heading along to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot diggety. Now, I can say I got my marching orders from Paul! I'm betting you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that I enjoyed the article and, as usual, there was something in there just for me:

    "Above all, don't fear difficult moments," she said. "The best comes from them."

    Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul - I felt sure that you would respond to the article. It certainly hit home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris - My list is short, but pricey. I am craving a 300mm and don't even dream about the f2.8. I would be happy with the f4 IS. I am also still going back and forth on which wide angle I want. One day it is the 17-40mm f/4L, the next it is the 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comments here. Because all comments are held pending review, yours will not immediately appear on the site. I eagerly read all of them and sincerely appreciate your taking the time to record your impressions and views. Thanks for visiting.
Anita